Sunday 7 September 2014

The Edge




This is a scene slightly off the footpath through a regal hunting forest from  hundreds of years ago.  It's  a little opening that gives you amazing views over the forest.

On this occasion it's about as far as I got as some cows made an appearance, not that I am afraid of cows....but my friend was! Ok so they were very big with long horns and didn't seem to want us to to go any further, but that's no reason to hide behind a tree?
We had to turn back, cutting short our walk... so now you know what I was thinking about while painting!

40x40 cms, oil on mdf board

6 comments:

Lesley said...

I'm not ashamed, I never knew cows could be so assertive! (and noisy?!)

Cathy Holtom said...

ha ha

Polly Birchall said...

Quite right to keep a distance while painting this lovely painting full of perspective.

Dan Kent said...

Great painting! I love the uniqueness of it - no flat horizon for you. The field with the sharp and fuzzy parts looks full of tall grasses and weeds, and the sky colors are grat, and I like the greens of the trees and the way the light shines through them. And or course the way the stones lead the eye. Have I left anything out -lol! Really like this one!

Cathy Holtom said...

Thank you Dan for picking up on what I was trying to show in the painting!

Sarah Melling said...

Love this one..such a beautiful composition!