Thursday 23 August 2012

Ssshhhh everyone is sleeping....



  On a hot afternoon everyone is dozing, not much else you can do!  



Not a whisker is stirring......


Good job I have my new sketchbook to hand.

I went to the local art shop for some supplies yesterday and the assistant informed me that two big boxes of Fabriano watercolour pads & sketchbooks had arrived.....would I like to go down to she stock room with her and see what has arrived.  Yes Please!
I bought a great big thick sketchbook with creamy yellow paper, far too big for my sketch bag......but lovely to think of how I will fill it.
I also bought a new watercolour pad and some tubes of paint too.
New art supplies always make me happy!






9 comments:

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Oh that looks so relaxing!!! I really like the cats and dog and how they sleep. Getting new art materials is always great fun and exciting, thinking about all the possibilities... Its like being a kid in a candy shop : )

Sharon Whitley said...

I LOVE getting new art supplies - something only us who paint can understand - my daughters don't get how I can get so excited over a tube of paint! Great little sketches too

Sarah Melling said...

Oooh, I'm getting sleepy. I can just feel the summer warmth in your sketches. Lucky you, getting to poke around in a stockroom full of art supplies!

Unknown said...

August is the month to sleep I think we are all tired of the heat.

Studio at the Farm said...

Your sketches are lovely, Cathy, especially the dog. No need to say it, but enjoy your new "toys"! ;)

Koosje Koene said...

art supplies: the best presents to buy for yourself!
Great lazy, sleepy sketches... I can almost hear the crickets chirping in the warm afternoon!

Unknown said...

Love your sketches.

Enjoy your new art supplies - I bought lots back from Spain so can't wait to play too.

AtelierBrigitte said...

I love those sketches of the animals!

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

Me too! Can't wait to see how you fill that big book :) Love the sketches!