Here's the final product, complete with cover. I used an acrylic pen to draw in the shapes then I coloured over that with coloured pencils.
They look almost like transfers as the faces are shiny compared to the softer feel of the cover material.
In the end it turned out quite thick, I think if I was doing it again, I might just glue every other page together to get a thicker type of paper and use pen directly on that.
But all in all I'm satisfied with the end results and pleased that I managed to finish this quite big project.
Now it's time to post it off to New York to start it's new life. Buon Viaggio!