Monday 6 September 2010

Last days of Summer

Coloured pencil


I picked up this leaf  at the back of my house, it had fallen from our grape vine.  The first sign that autumn is nearly upon us, not that I mind, autumn is my favourite season.  I love the golden browns, golds and reds, I often take leaves home to draw although we don't have that many down here by the sea!

A couple of days ago something nice arrived by post.... a card from fellow blogger Alex Tan .  I am now the proud owner of this Breaux Bridge print.


It was lovely to receive this all the way from the USA......thanks Alex.   (There is something in the post winging it's way to you right now!)

14 comments:

debra morris said...

Great leaf Cathy...I miss autumn and the colours, we don't really have it here

Alex said...

Beautifully drawn for a leaf there! I really like those leaves during Autumn, so colorful and it just makes me miss Germany =) And I like how you added all the fine details on the leaves, as well as the shadows.

Yay I am happy that you got the card. =) Your scanner totally makes it look a lot better hahahaha. Ooooooooh, are you saying you sent me something as well? Now I am getting really excited ^^

Unknown said...

Lovely leaf Cathy, you have really captured the on-coming autumn.

Cathy/Alex love the postcard too.

Unknown said...

Signs of fall definitely brighten my day!

Anonymous said...

The leaves are just starting to turn here - if only I had your talent to draw one! What a lovely gift to receive!

winna said...

The edge of this leaf shows intense study--so many variations ..

Unknown said...

The leaf is truly beautiful :-) Nice work Cathy

nanke's stuff said...

Fall is my favorite season, and your beautiful leaf is a reminder of why I love it so! nancy

Sarah said...

Autumn's definitely on its way isn't it! It's already grey and cloudy and wet here - yuck! But your leaf is beautiful and as always I love the range of colours you use.

donna said...

This is a wonderful drawing. Great use of color. I am usually sad to see summer go, but this one has just been too hot.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful leaf - well done! I guess that the autumn leaves are a little compensation for the end of summer...

Ann said...

Beautiful leaf!

Terry Banderas said...

This is an outstanding painting. I am glad you shared with everyone.

Lesley Purcell said...

Beautiful leaf drawing, absolutely lovely. You should make some of your pictures into cards :0)