Sunday 25 March 2018

Walking in Turin


'Walking in Turin'  oil on canvas 40x40 cms


I recently flew back to Italy via Turin and spent a day there before continuing my journey.  A day is by no means long enough to see a city but I  walked until my feet were dropping off! 
Turin is a very elegant city, one beautiful square leading to another. 



Piazza del Castello looking towards the Royal Palace




A quick sketch is a  good excuse for a rest as well as a nice lunch and glass of wine!

Buddah head from Pakistan IV-V Century AD


There are plenty of museums in Turin, I chose to visit the Musem of Oriental Art (MAO)...I lost count of the rooms and floors of this museum, housed in a 17th century palazzo. It's a well organised museum and there is every thing from Samurai armour to ancient Chinese pottery. 

I always like to save some places to visit on any future trip, so the Eygptian musuem would be next on my list...just to say hello to the mummies!

2 comments:

Judy said...

I love your painting! My long time wish is to visit the great Italian cities. Turin is one of them, and of course Naples and Florence.

Cathy Holtom said...

I'm glad you like it...you should put Sicily on your list too!