Monday 11 May 2015

Gone Fishing!




20x20cms oil on mdf wood

Living on an island has it's advantages and you are never too far from the sea.  Luckily I love painting the sea and fishing boats and often the harbour and fishing villages are a great source of inspiration.
In this painting I wanted to capture a white boat bobbing in the sea and the bright reflected light.


20x20cms oil on mdf board

Here in the late afternoon a boat is pulled up onto the beach, but if you hang around long enough you can see the fishermen set off for a night's fishing, and if you get there early in the morning if you can buy some freshly caught fish!





3 comments:

Sue Clinker said...

That cheered me up - grey, cold and raining here in Kent at the moment.

Unknown said...

I love both these pieces! The unique viewing angles are so effective, and the clean lines and colors so soothing and refreshing, just ike being at the shore!

Unknown said...

Wow! I love love love the perspective of the pebbly beach one! You inspire me to go try something unusual!