Monday 13 August 2012

Old Olive Tree

























If you can't tell it's an old olive tree!  I was having too much fun experimenting with different textures and lost the shape of the tree although I was quite pleased with the background.
This tree is up in the hills not far from where I live.  In the past weeks we've had so many fires in that area and I'm not sure if the trees survived. I will never understand people who deliberately start fires on a bone dry  hillside killing wildlife, plants and trees?






12 comments:

Sharon Whitley said...

the tree looks great to me, love the texture of the bark and your thistle photo is brill too!

Studio at the Farm said...

Beautiful trunk on your olive tree, Cathy! As for the fires, carelessness ... stupidity ... or both?

Studio at the Farm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I think everything turned out fantastic Cathy!
Great photos too :-)
Stew.
stewcrowther.wordpress.com
_________________________

Lynn said...

The tree looks great. You've got such lovely greens in this sketch.

Sarah Melling said...

Really beautiful; you've captured that bark texture so well. I love the thistle and butterfly/moth photos too.

martinepittet said...

Wonderful texture and stunning background ! I do hope most of these trees will escape the fires !

Jennifer Edwards said...

Oh I think this is lovely! I have a soft spot for old trees...ANd beautiful watercolor renderings!

Anonymous said...

love the tree, and its bent shape.

Revelle Taillon said...

It's really lovely. I love the background too. It's so soft and atmospheric.

Dan Kent said...

Another great gnarly tree. Much interest here. Love all of the colors of the bark too.

Alex said...

great coloration! Love it :)